Sunday, July 20, 2008

Oh yes...


It happened

I said it would

I predicted it

I feared it


When we were potty training, I was informed on how potty training is done on the farm; outside in the buck. I explained to my husband, that I did not want my boys to act like animals. They would learn on the potty, inside, and dab (oh yes I went there!), not outside like they were marking their territory. Well I was wrong, and it was fairly easy (except for some "issues", refer to previous post.) My biggest fear however, was that one day we would be busy chatting with others and one of our sons would have to go to the bathroom and "go" right in front of everyone. My husband assured me we would set boundaries, we would talk about it, we would address it before it happened


But we didn't


And it happened...


AT CHURCH!


I walked out of church this morning to find our eldest outside in front, in all his glory.


One lady pulled me aside and said "Don't worry, we can always tell the country kids from the city kids."


Nice

5 comments:

S Club Mama said...

oh I know my day is coming in this, too, but how funny. Very cute story. You can later use it as embarrassment with girlfriends.

Angie said...

LOL!! I so feel your pain - and we're city folk. I found that going outside was actually easier when we first started potty training, so I ran a nudist colony last summer in order to get the oldest into it. And I've had a few of those moments of having to instruct him to keep it to the homefront. But then one night, as I'd just loaded the younger two into the car at Chik Fila, he informs me he needs to go ...since it was the dark of night (except for parking lot lights) I had him go on a tree. So don't be too embarrassed. Such is life, with boys at least!!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, hilarious!!

Steph

Abby McNair said...

My sister in law taught Ali to pee in the yard... hope she doesn't ever do it in public:) when can we come out?

JCM said...

Kathy! That is hilarious! Thank you for making me smile. : ) I would love to catch up soon. I LOVE your blog! So awesome! That Patty song is great. xoxo