Monday, June 28, 2010

Home on the Range

Soooo, I realized I haven't updated about the house since January {January!} Crazy. It has been a long process, but we are {kinda, sorta} feeling like we're on the downhill. {Getting the entire house primed for painting means 'downhill' right? Right?!?!}

Here's a few pictures, of a couple of rooms, to prove this 'downhill' label...

{Feel free to skip this post if white walls don't enthrall you}

View of the main room

Front window

Designated 'accent wall' complete with a dash of the accent color

My fallout shelter
{AKA: My bathroom}

There she is

So thankful for the beautiful people who came to help us prime. I had no idea we'd get the WHOLE house done. So, so, sooo thankful for you guys. We had a great time. I have no words to express my thanks. None. And a big {huge} 'thank you' to my parents for coming down and watching the kids!

Ready to bring on some color
{What! What!}


5 comments:

Mindy McGrew said...

Wow, Kathy! It looks amazing, white walls and all! Building a house is a long road I'm sure, but I can only imagine the blessings that God will pour through that home and into the lives of those around you for years to come.

Hollie said...

Kathy, your home is beautiful!

So beautiful. Soon, soon...
the sounds of 8 little feet clomping down the stairs to morning breakfast, wrestling within those wonderful white walls (I know they'll be colored then), quiet moments with your Mr. Wonderful, breaking bread with family and friends, watching the cows roam from the windows.

Soon, Kathy. It's beautiful- hang on to the vision. I hope, hope, hope we can come and help and add our hearts and hands to this beautiful work called 'home'.

Your home.

Sending much love today! And to all your precious young ranch hands, too!
Hollie

S Club Mama said...

I love the new design - very summer-y!

And the house is coming along beautifully. :)

Anonymous said...

yay for you! i wish i could meet you in the big city to do some shopping to decorate your new place...THAT would be so fun. and, of course, meeting you and your cute family :)

Devin said...

Oh, man...it looks Ah-maz-ing! Can't wait to see some shots with color on the walls!

Seriously. A. Maz. Ing. :)

So glad all this effort is coming to fruition!