Sunday, August 15, 2010

Butterfly in the sky...

...I can fly twice as high...


The last couple of weeks the Utah crew were in town and we had a wonderful visit.
One evening we were able to celebrate our niece, Marin's 8th birthday with a 'Butterfly' themed party

And a good time was had...

As always..


The birthday girl

Ready to party

Nora's ready to party


These guys are always ready to par-tay

But first? We eat

{Beautiful Noelle showing us how it's done}
The cake
{From the order Lepidoptera}

Singing 'Happy Birthday'

A little gift opening


A little craft and playtime on the agenda


Getting to work on making candy butterflies


This guy looks good enough to eat
Shep is excited to make an edible butterfly

Always time for a competitive game of 'duck, duck, goose'


Time to make a little marshmallow jewelry

Sol's getting the hang of it

The cowboy is doing well


Then this 'thing' crashed the party


{Why yes, it did slide down the tree right in front of us}
{Why yes it was gross}
{Why yes it's..a moment I'll never get back}


Cowboy to the rescue


***
Back to our regularly scheduled party
***


The cowboy and his little lady

Papa and the ladies


A beautiful bunch.


So great to be together...

So..great..

Our visits are never long enough.
Miss you all.


3 comments:

Hollie said...

What a beautiful family celebration! Your kids are going to have such great memories of hanging with their cousins.

I'm all over competitive duck-duck-goose. . .remembering it for February when we are stuck inside for recess.

So glad your hubs can wrangle a snake better than craft time - although he was doing pretty well with that too!

Have a wonderful day, Kathy!

Love, Hollie

Shortcake said...

Snakes are the worst! Gives me the heebie jeebies!!

Kara said...

Ms. Nora is too cute! She is getting so big and pretty :) And that snake YUCK...I think if I saw that I might just go into labor, scary!