Thursday, September 25, 2008

This is how we roll....

...on the Prairie

Back in the days of homesteading, people would travel by hay rack or carriage to gather once every season to....fellowship...eat...and show off the newest member of their brood


Or play the piano outside
(They earned the right to play pianos wherever they wanted to)


We are doing our best to keep that tradition alive!!

We had the privilege of hosting a couple of families over for a hay rack ride on our homestead



Gearing out
Gearing up
The Avery's
The Meyerkorths
The Leiningers
Our fearless leader
The fellas
The ladies
Getting our eat on
Down to business

At play
Lights out!


Thank you all for coming!


Christians are like the several flowers in a garden that have each of them the dew of heaven, which, being shaken with the wind, they let fall at each other's roots, whereby they are jointly nourished, and become nourishers of each other.

-John Bunyan
-

6 comments:

Meaghan said...

Great pics! Love your profile picture too. Looks like you and your family really enjoy the country life :) I grew up in Western Mass. and I absolutely loved being surrounded by trees in the fall :)

xoxo
Meaghan
www.cancerlost.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

How fun! I saw your picture on Darcy's blog and thought..."what a beautiful About Me pic!"

I would love to have the land to let kids roam and have fun!

Darcy @ m3b said...

You know, for living here in Iowa for awhile now... we don't know anyone with a farm or equipment. I'd love to spend an afternoon like you all did! What a fun way to commune with neighbors and friends.

Darcy @ m3b said...

You know, for living here in Iowa for awhile now... we don't know anyone with a farm or equipment. I'd love to spend an afternoon like you all did! What a fun way to commune with neighbors and friends.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Love your blog! Your children are the cutest! Thanks for visiting my blog-come on over any time!!

carrhop said...

I love it when you stop by my place and leave your wonderful, funny, encouraging comments--you're just the best. Loved what you had to say on the Selah--

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Blessings!